• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2084: Options for catching grass?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylorbirkey

displayname
Taylor
Hello all. I have a 2084 with a 54" mower deck and need to catch my grass clippings. I'd appreciate insight on what you all are running and what my options are. The area I've got to pick up has some grade to it, if that makes a difference.

Am I limited to older attachments or are there newer ones that will work with the 2084? Aftermarket/non-CC brands?

I live in west chicagoland and Blain's Farm and Fleet is my local dealer.

You'll need to find a 190-321-100, aka "46GT" 46" mower deck and subframe. These were designed to be used with a bagger.

They made a fan-assisted bagger for the 48 and 54" decks, but I have heard nothing good about them.

Your options are to rig up something, or something like a trac vac or lawn sweeper, or as Matt says, step down to a 46" GT deck and find the bagger setup for it.

It's probably honestly easier and cheaper to get a different machine if you want to bag. I know that sounds drastic, but that's probably pragmatic. 46" GT decks with the big pulley for a late cyclops are kinda hard to come by, and then you've gotta find or rig up a 190-330-100 bagger setup for it, which are vanishingly rare, though you could modify one from a regular GT to fit it maybe. A trac vac is probably the most practica and easy to find solution if you're going to keep the 2084.

I wanted grass clippings for the garden mulch this spring. I let the grass go an extra 3 weeks, mowed it when it was dry with sharp blades and raked it into windrows with an Estate Rake. 6 wheel in line works great. Have to hand rake it into piles nad hauled it in the box of the Ranger. Worked out good. Little extra work but may be cheaper than buying another mower or trading down.

Back