• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2084 old smokey

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suggested first things to check. Air filter element may need replacing. Check carburetor float setting. Be sure carb bowl vent passage is open. Fuel pump could be failing and over pressurizing float needle force.

My first thoughts are carb float problem and drowning it with fuel. My brother's cv740 kohler was having same problem. It was the carb.

Whatever you do once you correct the rich condition is change the oil ASAP. The excess fuel will dilute the oil and cause wear or outright failure of the engine.

Did you buy a carb kit with all of the gaskets when you cleaned it? These small engine carbs can be a PITA, and some just are beyond help. You may have to locate another carb to fix the rich mixture.

That's not going to cut it on a Command carb....you need to remove the fuel solenoid, main jet, and that little brass tube with O-rings on it, replace all the O-rings, and make sure all the passageways are clear.

Could that have anything to do with it ?
I say No. It is just an automatic shutoff valve. The seat and needle valve should still do it's job in shutting off fuel when float causes needle to rise to seat. A very clogged air cleaner will act like the choke is engaged.
Is choke plate working properly?

Back