• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2084: How do you remove the mower deck?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylorbirkey

displayname
Taylor
Title explains it. I am new to 2084 and I have the 54" deck (324). I need to do a hydrostatic oil service, and also try putting my snow thrower attachment on (different question for a different day). I haven't found detailed writeups or videos ... yet.

Would appreciate any pointers!

2 L shaped pins on back of mower deck.( one on each side ) Pull them out toward you and the deck should drop down, Then slide the deck foreward which will loosen the belt and it will slide off the framework, Then all you need to do is pull it out from underneath the Tractor, One of the best features of cub cadets imo.

I do what Cubs4lifeofme suggests and then connect front of mule drive to Harbor Freight winch. I get just enough front wheel height to roll it out. I use the same winch to raise for cleaning and service with jackstands for safety.

google ...remove deck on 2084 cub cadet...at least 3 videos...
Thanks Gary. Google/YouTube was my first step. I must not be seeing the 2084-specific videos you are seeing. But the good news is I eventually figured it out!
2 L shaped pins on back of mower deck.( one on each side ) Pull them out toward you and the deck should drop down, Then slide the deck foreward which will loosen the belt and it will slide off the framework, Then all you need to do is pull it out from underneath the Tractor, One of the best features of cub cadets imo.
Brilliant, thank you! My solution was pretty much this. First push in the bracket at the front below the grille in order to take off the drive belt. Then pull out the two u-shaped pins at the back of the deck to drop it. There wasn't a great place to jack up the front end of this tractor, so I just jacked up the rear end a little bit in order to slide the deck out the side.

I also completed the trans flush, gearbox cleanup, trans filter change. The gears look pretty good for how old this tractor is (1994 IIRC).
IMG_4521.jpegIMG_4523.jpeg
By the way ... I'm using OEM Hi-Trans fluid. I don't think that was what was in there before, but the Chicago winter is almost upon me so I figured to just go OEM.

Back