• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2082 pros and cons please

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubs4lifeofme

might be going to look @ one tomorrow. Guy is a flipper so anything to look for would be greatly appreciated. 50 " deck, broken hour meter. looks good in pics. thanks

Hydrostatic control spring were replaced ... where are these and what do they do ? any idea how many hour before they are worn out ?
Parts wear out on any machine over time.
Sounds to me like your trying to find issues with the machine before you own it. That being said, I would say I would say not to waste your time.

They are nice tractors. The springs are in what is called the trunion. As Digger pointed out, that is part of the linkage that controls the direction and speed.

I have one of these and it likes the gas very much but runs and cuts great. The biggest thing to look at is the rear to frame mounting bolts. Make sure they are tight. Mine were loose when I got it. One of the solid hydro lines was leaking bad and it was caused by the rear rocking back and forth.

As with any Cyclops era tractor, the ugly plastic front end is the main minus with me. Other than that, they are a well sorted out machine that will last almost forever with care.

Flimsy front plastic, I see the hood has 2 bolts showing on the outside of hood, prolly repaired. I was going to go look look tomorrow but have not heard back so I think im done with this guy. went 3 hrs. to buy a 4 wheeler today guy said was near mint = not in my eyes. waste of most of my day. think I need to quite for a while.

Back