• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2072 Sloppy Power Steering

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcahoy

displayname
Randy Cahoy
Can anyone direct me to a thread that explains how to fix a very sloppy power steering issue on. 2072? Have about a 1/4 turn of slip in it for some reason.

Can anyone direct me to a thread that explains how to fix a very sloppy power steering issue on. 2072? Have about a 1/4 turn of slip in it for some reason.
If your wheel turns past where it normally stops, you could very well have a going bad steering cylinder and might not be the steering unit itself, especially if the steering box isn't leaking. I do carry cylinders if you end up needing one as well as rebuild kits for the box itself.

Could also be something external, like rod end bearings on the cylinder or tie rods, worn axle pivot, etc. It would be a good idea to look over all of those items as well.

Back