• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2072 power steering master rebuild kit?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstorma

displayname
Jim Storma
I have acquired a power steering set up off a 2072 tractor. I want to add it to my 982. If I remember correctly from a few years ago. It was mentioned the seals can leak in these. Since I have my 982 in pieces ready for re-assembly; I thought it might be best to rebuild the steering unit before I put it in.

I looked on the cub cadet parts website and see there are quite a few o-rings and parts not available. I was wondering if I should even bother to rebuild it or does anyone know the manufacture that made the power steering unit to get a rebuild kit? Maybe I only need to replace a few o-rings?

Anyone have any experiences with these that they would like to share?

Thanks.

JD has a rebuild kit for their units that use same PS, I don't have any other details...PWR... Have you checked with our sponsors?

Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I have not checked with the sponsors yet. I will though. I was hoping to get a part # or something so I can just call and order by part #.

Don't mess with it if it works now....wait until you HAVE to...IF you HAVE to. They are a real SOB to work on. I have made minor repairs to the upper sealing o-ring only, and that is enough trouble, without getting into the 48 ring circus that is inside of these hand pumps.

Jim, I think Parker is the PS manufacturer. E...has kit for $70-80. CC kit# = RG000097= $120
Shift.gif

Back