• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2072 bending lift rods

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhowell

displayname
jim howell
I have a 450 mounted to my 2072. I forgot to remove the bolt that locks the rockshaft before blowing snow. I bent the original lift rod beyond repair. Made a new one after removing the bolt. Broke that rod too. Bought and installed a new rod, bent that one too. What am I missing? The pins are good in the rockshaft. The blower will lift in the garage but will bend the rod when it meets resistance. Please help!!! Thank you

jim howwell

Sound like the blower lift has gone over center. By over center I mean if the blower goes to low the lift arms will fall on the back side of the rod that you attach your lift rod to.Make sure that attachment point that your lift rod attaches to is ahead and the lift arms are ahead. That will bend lift arms if its gone over center. Post a picture of where the lift rod attaches if you can including the two lift arms. Later Don T

Thanks Don. I will check this out this a.m.. I'm not sure if I know how to attach a pic but will try if I can't fix it soon. What are your thoughts about using a lift rod that's already been bent, heated & straightened? Will it be too weak to reuse?Got another 5-6" yesterday, need to move it! Have a good day. Jim

I just noticed my original posts states theat I have a 450 blower attached, it's actually a 451. Does this make a difference or help to diag. my problems? I have been using it without issues for 6 yrs.. Thanks all. Jim

jim howell

No ,the difference in the 450 and 451 are only pto pulleys. the 450 on my 1512 Diesel has a smaller PTO pulley so the speed on your 451 is the only difference because they are geared for a large PTO pulley on the tractor . Here is a picture of my 450 that shows the lift arms. The red arrows are pointing out a location where a bolt should be added to keep the arms from going over center. hope this helps. Later Don T

220039.jpg

The lift arms with the clip can go backwards when you drop the blower and when you attempt to lift the blower you will bend the lift rod or worse bend the rock shaft.

Thanks for the pic & the info. My lift arms appear to be in the forward position but the arm that connects to them seems to be at about 7:00 o'clock with no lift rod connected. I pulled out the rock shaft. How can I tell if it's twisted? I did have to reweld the arm back onto the rockshaft years ago but it worked in it's current position ever since. I'm really baffled. I'm getting ready to cut the arm back off the rockshaft & reposition it more forward. Does this sound logical? Thank you so much for trying to help me thru this! Jim

jim howell

I don`t know if when you welded the lift arm back on if you have it where it was designed to be. But if you set up the rock shaft to lift a deck and Then re welded you lever on for the lift for and attachment. Can you take a picture that shows the two arms down for the deck lift and where the lift is pointed for the lift arm ,I might be able to help.More info is need .
1a_scratchhead.gif

Don, I believe I put the arm back on the rock shaft in the original place. I did get the blower to lift after sleeving the lift rod and doing some sdjusting. Thanks for your help. jim

Back