• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2018 Club Cadet XT2 46”

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zachary Thornton

So yesterday I cranked up my mower and drove about 150 yards. I had just put new fuel in it the day before. When I got to the fire pile I stopped end cut off the mower to unload. When I got back on it I cranked it and it ran fine then it started spitting and sputtering and shooting white smoke out the exhaust then it quit running. After that when I would try to turn it over it would turn over a couple of times, throw some smoke and cut off. I figured bad gas or the weather must have got water in it somehow because I left it out the night before instead of putting it in the shelter like normal. So I drained the oil and fuel changed the oil filter and fuel filter, changed the spark plugs and changed the air filter. Put new oil in in and non ethanol gas. It cranked up just fine and runs strong. But when I engage the mower it sputters and chokes out, almost dies, and then runs okay once it gets momentum. The deck has nowhere near full power, you have to mow super slow or it binds up and shuts off. Any ideas?

Fuel injected or carb?
Sounds like it has crap in the carb.

Back