• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2016 Blunier Fall Plow Day - Roanoke, IL - 10/29/16

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh S -- Glad you'll be attending again! Same tires on the 100 as before. You bring up a good point, though...I just haven't thought too much about it (since I use it mostly for mowing), but I'll definitely consider that possibility down the road!

Josh S -- BTW, thanks for posting the video link! Just shared it on my Facebook
thumbsup.gif

Setting up the Cat0 plow on the 882. I had a heck of a time last year at Buck Creek and could not get the thing to plow right.

I have just sharpened the coulter that I had notched, so I hope that will aid some. I got to wondering, are there any base line settings for the cat 0 set up, not the plow mind you, but the length etc. of the adjustable arms on the cat 0 that one should start from. The arms have been all over the place as far as being screwed in and out by my son when using a rear blade and rake so I'm sure they are not in the optimum position for plowing. There are 3 holes in the upper A frame and 3 holes on the cat 0 tractor frame where the upper adjustable link connects. I am hoping someone w/more experience than I could offer up some base line settings I can perform while I have the rig in the shop and on the bench so I will not waste peoples time in the field having to stop numerous times for adjustments.

Thanks guys!

David, you could try something like this. Set your tractor up on blocks to approximate the furrow then adjust the plow so that the plow is flat on the floor.

310315.jpg

Thanks Kraig, That's essentially what I did, same as w/a regular sleeve hitch setup.
What I did was this...and I hope folks can follow me here...

I put 6" under the left side wheels.

Then let the plow all the way down on the floor, making sure the lift was at the bottom of travel and disconnected the upper and both side lift links.

Then I adjusted the left and right lift links (up/down) so the plow sat square and flat on the floor with 1/4" space between the floor and the tail of the landside.

Then adjusted the upper link to match the hole in the A frame

This, if I am correct in my thinking, and please correct me if I am wrong here, should place the plow correctly when it's in the furrow.

David S. Perhaps this would help... BRINLY WEBSITE.

I would try setting it up just like the big farm tractors... (Steve B. must be busy or I'm sure that he would know.)
happy.gif

That's as close as you'll get without dirt and a furrow! !!!!

If you fight it Friday evening, we'll give you a hand.

Make sure you have plenty more "in" adjustment on the top link, sometimes it gets tight and it's hard getting "point" on the plow.

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! Steve will be striking out for the night plowing! The "PLOW DOGS" from across the Midwest will decend upon the Blunier farm and that 35 acre field to pit man and machine against that obstinate earth that we come from, live off of, and someday return to...

Weight those tractors, clean up those plows, clear your schedules and join us for the spectacle called Blunier Plow Day!!!!

(This is my first post--the oldest kid of that crazy Hammer Down guy Josh!)
animatedihbear.gif

Caleb S. Congratulations on your first post. I wish that I could attend BPD this year. It would be great to meet everyone.

I am sorry, I really wanted to meet you Marlin maybe next year at BCIII. My dad needs to order some shirts from you Kevin tonight! I'll keep after him
draw.gif

Coming down to the wire! I will probably only bring 2 down this year. Dad's 1450, and maybe 1200, but it could be 100 just for show. 1200 has been complaining lately, sibling rivalry.
joker.gif

Friday night plowing:

We will plow from around 5:00 PM until 8:30 or so on Friday evening then retreat to the shed for chili and cheese/crackers (and good natured BS!!!!).

Please remember your lawn chair and favorite beverage.

If you would like to bring something to add to the table feel free, but it is not required.

Field Layout:

There were some wet spots in the field this fall, including a collapsed field tile that led to a water hole right in the middle of the parade lap driveway. Please be on the lookout for changes in the laid out furrows in this area and avoid any areas near the wet spot that are not opened up.

If all goes well, I may get out the disk and try to clean this area up Thursday or Friday.

Please remember we need a driveway up the middle of the field for access to the parade lap and don't open any new lands in this area.

I will open critical lands Friday afternoon to set the stage....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Thanks!

Looking good Steve! If all goes to plan, we will be there for the evening plowing and obviously on Saturday. Hopefully that rain stays away and we have a beautiful day for plowing!

Weatherbug says 59low Friday night and 74high Saturday.....YES!!
Got the 1512 out from under piles of blankets and drug the leaf sweeper around as a pre-flight inspection...good to hook.
Hope to get my truck off jackstands tonight....that would be helpful!

Back