• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

.20 Kohler piston (original) .20 Rings and 10 under Rod (Kohler)

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenovick1

If i’m asking for a lot sorry. Not sure on availability. But would like to buy Kohler. If possible.

Sorry .30 piston.30 rings Original Kohler if possible

For which engine?

Available oversizes are 0.010", 0.020", and 0.030" for the piston, and 0.010" under for the rod.

Steve, did you find a piston? I have a couple Kohler's, do you know which style piston you need?

The numbers I have are:

47-874-10
and
47-784-20-S

20210516_103835-1680.jpg

The Kohler engine manual should list the variations. I believe the one on the left is the "early style" and the on on the right is the later style. I think you could use either one, but I don't believe they use the same connecting rod. So you would need to make sure you get the correct rod for whatever piston you are using. I'll look through the parts diagrams later and try to figure it out. Working on house siding at the moment.

Well, I needed to know. Based on what I looked up 47-874-10 is the older style piston (left in the picture) and would need part number 47-067-10 for a 0.01 under rod. 48-874-20 is the newer style and would require a 0.01 under rod with part number 45-067-25. 47-067-10 would have been what the IH Cub Cadets would have come with, but a later replacement engine would likely have the later piston style.

I rebuilt the Kohler in my 1450 ~15 years ago -severe oil consumption and then I found severe detonation damage. So I went with a newer style piston and rod. The newer piston has a modern automotive style oil ring. It now burns NO oil. That's the good news. The BAD news is the engine vibration ever since! Obviously there must be a difference in mass. I started going through coils -so I put in a vibration proof coil - then the coil bracket broke. I have since moved the coil off the engine. The vibration is very noticeable at Idle. Reminds me of the old 16 HP engines we had in JDs where I worked. Kohler jacked the idle way up and put anti-diesel solenoids on them.

Back