• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2 Cub 70s

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berwin

displayname
Brandon Erwin
I bought a couple of 70s a few months ago and have been doing a little bit of work on them. Both seem to have mostly all parts still there, although it is clear that some things have been more or less rigged. I have had one of the starter/generators rebuilt and have turned the motor over by hooking my jumper cables directly to the starter, but have not been able to get spark. The one that I have tried to start has an ignition (which I do not have a key for) with the start included rather than a separate ignition and start button. I do not have a battery for the tractors yet but hooked all my wires up with the jumper cables as if they were the battery leads and attempted to turn the motor over by touching the start wire to the rest of the ignition wires. This worked a few times but now the starter will not turn over. Are there any ideas of what might be wrong or things that I should know about?

Brandon

234973.jpg

234974.jpg

234975.jpg

Brandon, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

Click --> HERE for a wiring diagram. Use an ohmmeter to make sure the wiring harness is wired correctly compared to the diagram and is making good connections.

According to the wiring diagram, everything should be correct. I have ohmed out my wires with no know disconnections. I think that it is possible that I was not getting all 12 volts at the starter when hooking my jumper cables through my battery leads. Will this cause major problems and is it supposed to get 12 volts at the starter?

Brandon Erwin

I would check clean the ground wires.If that 12 volts can`t get a ground back to the battery , it won`t work like it should.
vroom.gif

The main forum board is for asking general questions, as you have been doing here.
You've made no mention of fixing either machine up.

This section is for guys that are in the process of refurbs or resto's, to show the progress as they go along.

No need to be rude man. I am obviously trying to restore my tractors and thought that the restoration and refurbish section would be the place to post.

Rude?
Just stating facts.
You ain't seen rude from me man!
biggrin.gif

BUT, it sure can be arranged.
biggrin.gif

Like I said before, asking basic questions is for the main forum board.
Once you get the basics figured out, and start the redo, then you can come here and show the process of how it's going.

Back