• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1993 CC-1430 Hydrotatic Dump Valve not working (can't push the tractor)

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayF

displayname
Baker6x6
I have a 1993 Cub 1430 Hydro. It has a 14hp Kohler and everything operates as it should.
However. I don't use the tractor, so I don't keep a battery in it...
Occasionally, I need to move it so I can mow around it, or just give the grass under it a break.
When I push the dump-valve lever forward- it does nothing to release the hydro. (yes, it's in neutral, and the brakes are off)
The lever, and flapper are there, and operating correctly. The flapper pushes the release-valve button all the way until flush with the nut, but the wheels remain locked.
20200601_113357[1].jpg

I pulled the shaft pin, and was able to expose the dump-valve pin. I can push it easily, and it returns just fine. But it does not affect the rear wheels at all.

20200601_113424[1].jpg

Here's a video of the pin operating.

I have a 1993 Cub 1430 Hydro. It has a 14hp Kohler and everything operates as it should.
However. I don't use the tractor, so I don't keep a battery in it...
Occasionally, I need to move it so I can mow around it, or just give the grass under it a break.
When I push the dump-valve lever forward- it does nothing to release the hydro. (yes, it's in neutral, and the brakes are off)
The lever, and flapper are there, and operating correctly. The flapper pushes the release-valve button all the way until flush with the nut, but the wheels remain locked.
View attachment 138673

I pulled the shaft pin, and was able to expose the dump-valve pin. I can push it easily, and it returns just fine. But it does not affect the rear wheels at all.

View attachment 138674

Here's a video of the pin operating.

Remove it and see if the wheels turn, if they do, you have a bad valve.

Thanks Digger,
I don't have the service manual for the 1430 and 1730- just the Operators manual. So, I couldn't read up on how/if it can be serviced.
Does the dump-valve just unscrew? will the drive fluid pour out? (just to have a pan ready).
what do I look for as far as if the valve can be cleaned, or needs replaced?

*Note- with the rear axle off the ground, the wheels will turn- but not in the same direction.

Thanks again!

Thanks Digger,
I don't have the service manual for the 1430 and 1730- just the Operators manual. So, I couldn't read up on how/if it can be serviced.
Does the dump-valve just unscrew? will the drive fluid pour out? (just to have a pan ready).
what do I look for as far as if the valve can be cleaned, or needs replaced?

*Note- with the rear axle off the ground, the wheels will turn- but not in the same direction.

Thanks again!
If the rear wheels turn opposite, that's right. And yes, they just unscrew, no on the fluid. If it's leaking when the machine is running, then it needs replacing. Cleaning very rarely does much good.

Pulled the "valve" out of the front of the hydro's case (and oil ran out).. Couldn't see anything wrong with it, passages were clean, shaft and seals were OK. I went ahead and reinstalled it, and now the relief-valve works- and I can push the tractor around. There must have been something stuck in the passage, and it came out with the hydro-oil.

Back