• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Parts Wanted 1985 1711 Hydro Hub Caps

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lew on this forum sold me the front hub caps for the 1711. They look good! Tks Lew.
Mike Martin
2022-03-08 March 10 2022 #1 001.JPG
2022-03-08 March 10 2022 #1 002.JPG
2022-03-08 March 10 2022 #1 003.JPG

1971 Olds 442; '67 442 above the Pontiac. We restored the Pontiac for some good folks down at NOLA. The hurricane hurt their house and we went and got the Catalina to hold for them as the house was repaired. JD #1 has 1k hours; #2 has 600. My neighbor got too old to keep his place up and sold me the #2 for $750. Those 345's are as tough as the Cubs. Cost 20+ years ago new was $6k+.They are not from the box stores.

Nice collection and indoor space to store them. What do you call that interesting black structure that stores the 67 above the 64? Is that custom made or did you buy it off the shelf? Can it lower the 67 to the ground?

The black structure is a 4 post auto lift. Direct Lift is the mfg. It cost about $3k and is Chinese made and I don't trust it. We have a couple of 2 post Rotary Lifts at the shop and those are real good. Don't scrimp on those lifts.

When you say "will not crank".. does it mean the starter does not spin the engine over, or it just does not fire and run?

Might be dirty points too. Depending on your relative humidity and sealing of the cover, the points will get dirty enough not to work if not used enough.

Unlike most of the folks on here, I cannot fix anything. I've got a great mower mechanic (he really works on boats but he helps me with these mowers.) He is going to look at the 108 this week. Points could be the issue and I appreciate the help. I bought the 108 in 1979 for $900. It has had one new engine and two rebuilds on this one. Doesn't have a hours gauge but it has tons of hours. I bought a JD345 in '98 and retired the 108. Runs great (when it runs!)

Back