• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1974 Still Workin,,, 👍🏼

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwiggins

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Jason Wiggins
50F40134-00C7-41E7-9A6D-86780707D0C0.jpeg

Thanks to so Many Members Here for all the Help, Advice, and Parts!!!

I Love This Tractor 🙂

Last edited:
View attachment 149691

Thanks to so Many Members Here for all the Help, Advice, and Parts!!!

I Love This Tractor 🙂

Don't those draggy-whirly things under the tractor normally throw the grass away from the tractor?🤔

Nice unit. I wish that I had headlights. No particular reason. They just speak to greater purposefulness, I guess.

Don't those draggy-whirly things under the tractor normally throw the grass away from the tractor?🤔

Nice unit. I wish that I had headlights. No particular reason. They just speak to greater purposefulness, I guess.
“Normally” LoL,,, 👍🏼
Also, Normally my grass grows to seed before each cut,,, 😎

You would be amazed how much grass gets thrown back up on the deck, and even ends up under the belt cover that only has 2 small holes for the grease zerks on the outside spindles and a hole just big enough for the center pulley...

Even my Cub ULTIMA ZT1 54" Zero Turn gets a TON of grass back up on it when using it. It moves a ton of air and will throw the clippings 2+ passes away (it's a 54" Fabbed deck).... but, it's not uncommon to have a inch plus of grass on the top of the deck when I am done. I normally blow the clippings off every mowing, because if I don't, they can get really packed up under the covers.....

You would be amazed how much grass gets thrown back up on the deck, and even ends up under the belt cover that only has 2 small holes for the grease zerks on the outside spindles and a hole just big enough for the center pulley...

Even my Cub ULTIMA ZT1 54" Zero Turn gets a TON of grass back up on it when using it. It moves a ton of air and will throw the clippings 2+ passes away (it's a 54" Fabbed deck).... but, it's not uncommon to have a inch plus of grass on the top of the deck when I am done. I normally blow the clippings off every mowing, because if I don't, they can get really packed up under the covers.....
I probably would in fact, be surprised. Every Cub Cadet that I've ever personally used or known since childhood was never used to cut grass. Snow-blower, blades front & back, garden implements and of course; trailer-tug but ironically looking back on it - I have never cut grass with one.

I have the timed deck that came with my Original and hope to mount it if I buy another tractor that is currently in the works. However, if one views your accumulation and then speculates on the burrs, cactus spines and various other flora-foe on my horse-property here in Phoenix, one can be forgiven a bit of trepidation.

Examine the deck on your Ultima ZT1. If like both of mine you will find half moon holes around where the spindles mount . That is where most of the grass clippings come from on the top of the deck. With the tremendous suction lift of the blades the grass has to go somewhere, some goes the path of least resistance.

Back