• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1973 what oil?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um...what year is the engine? 73 does not sound right for a Cub Cadet with 17 hp or a twin. It may have been fitted sometime since 73, but that again means check specs for the engine not the tractor chassis. Engine model and spec number would help if it’s a Kohler.

We love photos!

Um...what year is the engine? 73 does not sound right for a Cub Cadet with 17 hp or a twin. It may have been fitted sometime since 73, but that again means check specs for the engine not the tractor chassis. Engine model and spec number would help if it’s a Kohler.

We love photos!
I will have to check the numbers and my book
Thanks

I'm assuming you are referring to the rear diff cover plate gasket. For aluminum transaxles the gasket is 721-3015 The cast iron rear
IH-350837-R2
Gasket, Rear Cover Plate
(Superseded to IH-350837-R3)

Check out our board sponsors for these parts..

Why did I get so hung up on the thread title that I couldn’t be more helpful? Good job Charles.

7 qts HyTran, filter PN/ IH-395789-R2 723-3014 USE 923-3014 see the CC Specialties sponsor box at top of page. Reload page if CCS is not displayed. We have the good fortune to have more sponsors than we can display at once.

1811 beat me again...and he understood the question all along.

I haven’t been in the air enough yet today to have gotten my proper Monday napping in. St. Louis to Chicago is not a long enough flight for proper napping. Snow in Chicago and staffing issues have my travel day all messed up.

Last edited:
If you want to pick up a filter locally, the direct WIX cross reference is 51410. However, 51084 would be a direct replacement for the original IH part number filter. The current 923-3014 part number (and it's WIX 51410 equivalent) does not have an anti drainback valve, as it is used on the later machines with hydro-gear transmissions, which flow the opposite direction through the filter, so without the anti-drainback valve, it works on both the Sundstrand and Hydro-Gear pumps.

The most correct one you can get for the Sundstrand hydro units used in the tractor in question is the 51084, and would be my preference since it keeps the filter full after the tractor is shut off.

Lose the "5" prefix on both of those filter numbers, and you have the NAPA number.

Back