• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1970 IH Cub Cadet 73 revival

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ask away! You have a quick attach system for the mower deck. Up under the grill on the front frame is a bar that is spring loaded, pulling it down should release the mower deck mule drive and mower deck as one. Sliding it forward will release the belt for the mower and you can snake it out. I don't fully recall how to take belt off the PTO pulley on the front of the engine. Look in the manuals section and you can download to either print out a copy to view, or look on the computer. or check out Binder books, can still get manuals there.

Airing up the tires will greatly aid your pursuit. But with the deck out of the way, you can look at the pedal assembly and the switch should stick out pretty easy I think.

Hmm, been a couple weeks since Sam posted. Guess he must be out runn'n aroun' in his new Corvette, while the poor little ole 73 is sittin' thar waitin' for him.

Well, I guess Ol' Sam decided his 73 was too good looking for this crowd.
sad.gif

Hey, all!
It's been a while, but thank you for the detailed information!

With the cooler Fall weather in Texas, I'm going to get on this relay replacement deal and probably have to remove the 6+ year old gasoline in the tank and replace with fresh fuel. The fuel was treated with Stabil, so hopefully there won't be a problem with the old fuel having gelled.

Help me on this, looks like 10 hp style fuel tank, is that correct or should it be round 7 hp style used on previous models? Oh yeah BTW, round fender machines rock!

Help me on this, looks like 10 hp style fuel tank, is that correct or should it be round 7 hp style used on previous models? Oh yeah BTW, round fender machines rock!

Good eye! It sure does appear to have the larger square 6.5 quart fuel tank that the 10hp used in place of the rounded 5 quart tank that was used for the 7hp. Possibly got tired of running out of gas and upgraded it to a larger tank.

Latest posts

Back