• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1967 Massey Ferguson 10

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pelton IV

IHCC Supporter
This is actually one of my favorites belt drive or not. These tractors were built by AMF for massey and came with a Tecumseh engine and Peerless transaxle like the ones used in Deeres of the time. Mine got a repower from the previous owner using a harbor freight engine which I was luckily able to make fit in the sheet metal with only a little massaging to clear the exhaust pipe.
20210511_175624.jpg
20210518_142526.jpg
20180710_171240.jpg
20210512_163029.jpg
20210624_174152.jpg

Dynamark made those and the lawn tractors in Des Moines, Iowa. I heard that some of the 14 and 16 hp models were built in Wisconsin. Dynamark put different a different hood and a cast iron grille then painted them either blue and cream or orange and cream. The body being the cream color. Employees that worked there said that they could buy a fully equipped Dynamark cheaper than the bare bone Massey Ferguson model. All the options would fit both brands. Every now and then you'll see a Dynamark like I described listed for sale. My parents bought a new MF 10 in 1968. You are correct. They are really neat garden tractors. Congratulations on your find. 😊

Dynamark made those and the lawn tractors in Des Moines, Iowa. I heard that some of the 14 and 16 hp models were built in Wisconsin. Dynamark put different a different hood and a cast iron grille then painted them either blue and cream or orange and cream. The body being the cream color. Employees that worked there said that they could buy a fully equipped Dynamark cheaper than the bare bone Massey Ferguson model. All the options would fit both brands. Every now and then you'll see a Dynamark like I described listed for sale. My parents bought a new MF 10 in 1968. You are correct. They are really neat garden tractors. Congratulations on your find. 😊

Coulda sworn it was AMFs relabeled as Dynamarks and Masseys from what I'd read but one things for sure, for the price difference I've seen far more masseys out there than the other two brands

Coulda sworn it was AMFs relabeled as Dynamarks and Masseys from what I'd read but one things for sure, for the price difference I've seen far more masseys out there than the other two brands

I used to think AMF also. When I moved to the Des Moines area and met former employees is when I was informed of the difference. Massey Ferguson had a huge area there where they would stage machines for routing or bring to repair damage done during shipping. A Massey Ferguson crawler...brand new disappeared from the yard and was never found. It left during the daytime.

I know of a Massey 10 and a Massey 8 near me, both waiting for me to go buy them and take them home, as if I need 2 more garden tractors. Both have original Tecumseh engines and mower decks. The 10 also comes with a brand new replacement short block Tecumseh as well as parts to rebuild the engine currently in the tractor. Neither is listed for sale anywhere so as of now I have time to wait, but they are very tempting!

I have a MF-12 with a hydrostatic transmission. Came to me in need of restoration. Dismantled, repaired, painted and put it back in the fleet.

I had an 8 at one time the engine wasn’t original. Had been replaced with a Tecumseh recoil start 8. Deck was 38” 2 blade. Drive belt attached in center but bad gear boxes & small driveshafts to drive the blades.

I know of a Massey 10 and a Massey 8 near me, both waiting for me to go buy them and take them home, as if I need 2 more garden tractors. Both have original Tecumseh engines and mower decks. The 10 also comes with a brand new replacement short block Tecumseh as well as parts to rebuild the engine currently in the tractor. Neither is listed for sale anywhere so as of now I have time to wait, but they are very tempting!

Ohmigosh 😊.... THOSE are the very desirable ones!!! The first years had aluminum front hood pieces. Later went to plastic. Don't let those get away from you.

I have a MF-12 with a hydrostatic transmission. Came to me in need of restoration. Dismantled, repaired, painted and put it back in the fleet.

Is it a Sunstrand or Saur Sunstrand hydro? And if so can you get pictures and model numbers please. Thank You for doing so. 🙂

Years ago I had a similar tractor. Possibly an 8 ?? It had a recoil start 10 HP Tecumseh engine that had obviously been transplanted. Deck was 38” 2 blade all gear drive on deck. With a belt PTO.

How about the notorious MF 7.......................?
They must have been cheap, due to the 7 hp motor, which was short lived. Pretty good machine otherwise........................most all got a B&S 8 hp replacement and ran a long time.
A neighbor down the road was a dealer, he left the country littered with Massey Fergusons

I got it running, didn't take much. Just fixed up the wiring a little and checked over the fuel system. Carb was actually dry and clean which was nice. The throttle and choke don't work as the cables don't seem to reach the engine properly, but the carb itself is not the original to the machine either and also the governor wants to send it to the moon right now. I set it to just stay at idle for the time being. Unfortunately for me the solid state ignition is bad and it was mentioned that was the reason it was parked. It'll run the thing for about 5 minutes or so and then cut out until it cools off, much like a bad battery coil. I have decided to go the route of a custom battery ignition setup using a Ford F150 rear ABS sensor and a GM HEI ignition module hooked to a standard 12v coil, also looks like I'll need a battery ignition key switch.

I just picked up an MF 10 that belonged to my cousin. Back in 2010 I had posted a photo of myself that was taken around 1968 of me sitting on an MF 10. I had no idea who owned it as I don't recall ever having seen it. Turns out that my older cousin owned it. I learned that it was his back in 2017. Last year I asked him if he would sell it but he said "You know me, I never sell any of my tractors." Unfortunately he passed away earlier this year. A few weeks back I asked his widow if she would sell it to me. She said no but she would give it to me. I hauled it to the family farm on July 6th. It has been stored in a pole barn for all these years. Growing up I spent a ton of time in that pole barn but don't recall ever seeing it. I believe it was parked way in the back corner behind an old tow behind combine. It was moved to a new pole barn in 2017 that is when I earned about it. It is complete, just missing the seat cover.

Here's a link to my original post about it::

Old Photos

I plan on recreating the old photo once I get it cleaned up a little bit.

Here's a few photos of it now.

MF10_Tow_01.jpg

MF10_Farm_01.jpg

The steering wheel cap is nearly perfect with no fading.

MF10_Farm_02.jpg

MF10_Farm_03.jpg

MF10_Farm_04.jpg

I believe it is a 1966. Certainly an early one as it has the starter generator.

MF10_Farm_05.jpg

Would've been nice to have the starter generator. Not sure how visible it is but I actually have the adjusting bracket for the starter generator so I suspect the whole engine was replaced, presumably by dealer as there was a Massey Dealer locally that the previous owner actually purchased it from. Now that I'm thinking about it this makes me the second owner of the tractor.
1689389471009.png

I hate to hijack this thread but it's where I first spoke about the machine and I kinda want to finish it up here as well. Today the Ford ABS sensor arrived, the first piece of the puzzle. Last week I hollowed out the old solid state box just to see what actually was inside of it. But I wondered if with a little modifications I could fit the sensor into it and save having to make a new mount for it. Turns out, I can! I don't know how big the HEI module is, but if at all possible I would like to try to mount it inside this also to make the install really clean. If all goes to plan all you'll see is the battery ignition coil and I've found a nice spot to put it that might even look factory ish.
IMG_20230717_230758.jpg

At the risk of heresy.........................a local man had gotten a new 1650 back in the day and he was lamenting that he wasn't sure it was better than the MF 12 that it replaced.
He did gripe about having to change the belt of the MF.

Back