• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1967 Cub 105 drive shaft roll pin

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobDunbar1966

Question: I have had the roll-pin on the engine output collar fall out twice. After the first time, I safety-wired it, but then the second time, it broke in two, managed to keep the pieces thanks to the safety wire. LOL :greenthumb: Is a roll-pin the correct connection here? The strange slot in the output collar makes me wonder, or is it some kind of key?

IMG_9446.JPG
image0.jpeg

Since I posted this, I found another thread talking about a Spirol pin. Now all I need to find out is what the correct part number is; there are 8 different ones on my parts suppliers' website. LOL

Looks like some new parts are in order here.

Put a new driveshaft, front coupler and possibly a new rear coupler on your shopping list as well while you are at it.

Because it's WORN OUT!!!~
And it should look like these, And NOT like the 3rd picture

Attachments

• DSCN8302.JPG
    DSCN8302.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN8305.JPG
    DSCN8305.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN9752.JPG
    DSCN9752.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
OK, update. I was getting ready to install a new drive shaft and front coupler. I was moving the tractor in the garage; I noticed the end of the drive shaft going towards the back, wobbling where it enters the body opening (hole). Is this normal, or is there something out of alignment toward the back end? My first thought was the flex discs.

I'd check on the condition of the driveshaft, flex coupling, and transmission coupler as well. As worn as the engine side was in your pics, the other end is probably worn out, too.

Back