• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1966 Cub Cadet with Hydraulic lift and rear belt pto

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
displayname
CalCubDriver
Hello friends...I am so excited to have one of these babes...My boys run a metal fab shop, so we plan to engineer a micro front end loader, rear 3pt hydraulic log splitter. ( this is not the place to sell items) (y) Digger

My goal is a micro hydraulic front end loader, rear pto shaft conversion,( how and what to do here will be crucial), this will drive my hydraulic pump for the loader and other quick disconnect options...anyway, super excited. It pops on ever, I have a new carb, points, plus and condenser. I plan to install those soon and at least get it running.

Any and all help would be apreciated. I paid 550.00 and the guy in sisters was super cool and delivered to my house.

Cheers
Jeff

Attachments

• L1050608.JPG
    L1050608.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 257
  • L1050609.JPG
    L1050609.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 250
  • L1050610.JPG
    L1050610.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff, WELCOME! Nice looking Cub Cadet you have there. Do you know if it has a 10hp or a 12hp in it? If you read the spec plate on the engine it should have either K241 (10hp) or K301 (12hp) listed. The rear PTO is for use with a tiller. The fuel tank is also a good indicator of what HP it has, there should be a decal on each side of it and the 10hp tank is square looking from the side view and the 12hp tank is rectangular looking from the side view. Tanks are easy to swap out so it might not be the best indicator of what engine it has.

It sounds like you have some big plans for your new acquisition. I believe your right transaxle seal is leaking - Probably should correct that and do an oil change to the gearbox before you add too much to the tractor and it becomes difficult to service - you also might want to change the oil in the creeper while you are there. I would check or just change the spirol pins in the drive train and I think they are in your steering as well - and in the steering may as well do a clean and re-grease of the steering gear IF the steering wheel will even come off. I would add the nylon washers to the steering knuckles too - helps with turning when there is weight in the bucket.

Just thinking out loud.. Not sure how many GPMs these Cubs put out. Your micro FEL may be wicked slow.
Love to hear how it all plays out after you and the boys get done using the Shop machines.

Just thinking out loud.. Not sure how many GPMs these Cubs put out. Your micro FEL may be wicked slow.
Love to hear how it all plays out after you and the boys get done using the Shop machines.
You don't have to think to much. LOL A loader is not going to work off a hydro pump.

Latest posts

Back