• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1966 Cub #71

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmiracle

displayname
Clark Miracle
Yesterday I started on my "new" 71- serial #163528. The history I have on it was originally purchased by an "old" man who used it to mow his yard until about 6 years ago, when he just got tired of having it fixed. Then the guy I bought it from purchased it, running, but it sat in the corner of his shed for the last 5 years and hasnt run in that time. Now I've brought it up from the hill country to where it now resides in my garage, waiting to be revived.

241311.jpg

241312.jpg

She is in pretty rough shape with a few major issues- extremly sloppy steering, unable to go into 2nd gear, some rust, and a broken drive cup-

241313.jpg

Need a repacement here. Looks as if the main nut was loosened, and what I guess was a pin from the cup going into the flywheel took the load and was sheared, taking away some of the aluminum cup. I'd think there'd be more than one little pin transmitting all the torque to the beefy drive plate.

Hopefully in a year or so my little 71 one will power herself out of the garage, looking new! I plan on learning how to properly paint and doing this 71 right, and getting the driveline reliable for another 20+ years
ihrotate.gif

Clark, that's a nice clean 71. Looks like all it needs besides the engine repair is a dusting off.

Kraig, if the paint was original I'd probably do that, and with the work it does need I figured I might as well do everything. I plan on entering this in the state TSA restoration compentition next spring, also

Latest posts

Back