• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1962 V W

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubs4lifeofme

Anyone know what this is ?

Attachments

• 20220121_063802.jpg
    20220121_063802.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 20220121_063806.jpg
    20220121_063806.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 151
Hahaha. It's a flower vase. Very rare to find on the older beetles. If it's original, and not a repop, it's kinda valuable to. When VW reintroduced the beetle in the late 90's, they offered one as an accessory to pay tribute to this one.

Yup, a vase only the coolest and classes cars had them. We had a '62 when I was a kid. Family of 6 fit in it. Long before bulky car seats.
What was it.... 48hp?

I recall all the *bud vases* being in the center.

Tough to find original ones now.

If a fella has a bud-vase... he GOTS TA HAVE a swamp-cooler and roof rack too!

Todd.

I recall all the *bud vases* being in the center.

Tough to find original ones now.

If a fella has a bud-vase... he GOTS TA HAVE a swamp-cooler and roof rack too!

Todd.
My 58 was mounted on the center, while my 61, 63, and 57 were mounted left of the steering wheel. They sold 3 different mounting brackets depending on your preference. The center mount was the most common by far. I'm not sure what year the bud vase first appeared, but I'd be willing to bet that more bugs have them today than VW ever made!

Back