• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1961 Original for sale S# 15473 I have a Ton of Parts to finish it New Nos Blade

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pandrews

displayname
Paul W Andrews
Hi,
Good to be back! I have a Nice 1961 Original for sale runs good mowed with it last year, Bought all the parts From you guy's, (Thanks) I am unable to complete, it I did rebuild the Trans & Rear end But Issues have me stopped. You are the First Group to Start this Yellow Addiction so I thought I could give a Member a deal. Please see pic,s I have a New NOS plow never used, steering wheel, Ft Guard, The nice Extreme rear lift assist, Grote light, new bulbs for the headlights, with both wiring harnesses, Ag's and Tri ribs, Nice Cub seat pad (not shown), Rear sleeve hitch and Brimley Type? hitch, 3 - Mower decks, A nice pair of round fenders with the Extreme bottom plate, a nice large tilt garden cart With the big international harvester decal, Wheel weights & chains, All the primer/paint, Full set of decals, All three Blue ribbon IH Manuals, Extra parts/ Drive shaft, mule drive, spindle's, pullies, brackets, linkages, bearings, look at he picture's Also The IH Cadet Statue and OEM Key & key chain (sorry Charlie)! I live in GR MI Please let me know.
Thank You all & Stay Safe! Paul

Attachments

• cub side.jpg
    cub side.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 203
  • cun ft with plaw& rear.jpg
    cun ft with plaw& rear.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 199
  • cub rear end.jpg
    cub rear end.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 208
  • front with plow and rear end a good.jpg
    front with plow and rear end a good.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 176
  • cub decks.jpg
    cub decks.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 195
  • cub fenders.jpg
    cub fenders.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 198
  • cub parts and cart nice.jpg
    cub parts and cart nice.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 198
  • Cub parts and cart.jpg
    Cub parts and cart.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 204
  • stairs.jpg
    stairs.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 169
  • New tires.jpg
    New tires.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 194
Would you consider selling the lights separately? Also would be interested in buying the wheel weights.
Thanks

I’m not familiar with the original motor, but does it have an automatic compression release like my 1250? You will not see any compression on a good motor if that is the case. Good luck!
I’m not sure I had a guy paint it for me, I’ll have to forward this to him. Thanks for the information and reply I appreciate it!

Sorry I am looking to get $1500 Thanx
last year i found a 61 original in original condition. ran great. has the hydraulic lift on the rear. seller wanted $1500. i didn't quibble. tractor like this is well worth that. i am adding a front bucket. and a Brinley style hitch, which i am building. i hope to keep from doing anything to keep it from its original condition. i think i can. have already been invited to participate in a parade near where i live, these old tractors don't have to die. they are killed by careless owners.

I got curious and looked up this engine, k241, and it does indeed have an automatic compression release, so all is probably fine.
Ok thanks for the information, I forwarded it to the guy who painted it for me. Wished I would’ve taken small engines in school. I am lucky to be part of such a great group of guys willing to help!

Ok thanks for the information, I forwarded it to the guy who painted it for me. Wished I would’ve taken small engines in school. I am lucky to be part of such a great group of guys willing to help!
I’m not sure how this engine works, when does the automatic compression kicks in to start the motor? Is this something I can find on you tube? Thanks

61 original would have a K161 engine unless it's been replaced.
I don't think there was a compression release on the early K161.

The motor has no compression, shame on me for taking your word that the motor was good and ran.
Brian, how long ago did you purchase the Original? It'd be hard to blame the seller if you waited years to try and start it. If it's been setting around for a couple of years a valve could have easily stuck open, especially if it's been stored in a damp location. The K161 engine would be unlikely to have a compression release. Check the specification plate, if it has a J suffix or higher it would have a compression release. Most likely it will have a lower letter than a J suffix however.

Oops sorry, the spec info I found on the web (tractor data I think) said k241 was the engine, so I was in error. I should have waited for someone more familiar with the 100, but it seemed no one else was going to comment. Very sorry for the confusion!

I’m not sure how this engine works, when does the automatic compression kicks in to start the motor? Is this something I can find on you tube? Thanks
I got curious and looked up this engine, k241, and it does indeed have an automatic compression release, so all is probably fine.

Brian, how long ago did you purchase the Original? It'd be hard to blame the seller if you waited years to try and start it. If it's been setting around for a couple of years a valve could have easily stuck open, especially if it's been stored in a damp location. The K161 engine would be unlikely to have a compression release. Check the specification plate, if it has a J suffix or higher it would have a compression release. Most likely it will have a lower letter than a J suffix however.
I don’t recall the model engine and I’ve never had a motor that sat for less than 2 years have any issues but you maybe correct. Thanks for responding and I truly appreciate input from the group including most of you that have more experience in this area.

Oops sorry, the spec info I found on the web (tractor data I think) said k241 was the engine, so I was in error. I should have waited for someone more familiar with the 100, but it seemed no one else was going to comment. Very sorry for the confusion!
Stu, a model 100 would have a K241. This first post in this thread is for an Original for sale, an Original would have a K161.

Back