• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1961 Cub Cadet rebuild completed

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgrant

displayname
Marty Grant
So after years of slow progress my 1961 Cub Cadet is ready to mow again. Mostly original parts except for the Kolher replacement 8 hp engine. Would like to add decals next. I am not sure if the year of the engine can't find info yet on the serial number. Serial number on tractor is 12188.
65549697322__8539A181-5426-4508-997B-7AEFA0D2C35B-2.jpg

Hey Marty - nice looking Original. Also, not sure where you've looked for the info to determine year of your engine. Kohler K-Series Service Manual page 1.3, bottom section has info to determine most years.
1634153417027.png

NOTE to Kraig and Charlie - the link under the Manuals thread to the Kohler Service Manual and Operator Manual doesn't seem to work. I think the thread must'a broke. It takes you to CC Specialties and shows the word Kohler, but there is no link to the actual manuals.

Hey Marty - nice looking Original. Also, not sure where you've looked for the info to determine year of your engine. Kohler K-Series Service Manual page 1.3, bottom section has info to determine most years.
View attachment 146066

NOTE to Kraig and Charlie - the link under the Manuals thread to the Kohler Service Manual and Operator Manual doesn't seem to work. I think the thread must'a broke. It takes you to CC Specialties and shows the word Kohler, but there is no link to the actual manuals.
Thanks for the info but my serial number is different format see attached picture any ideas?

Attachments

• F8C8D07D-90B4-4472-B33A-64F3EB02482D.jpeg
    F8C8D07D-90B4-4472-B33A-64F3EB02482D.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 156
View attachment 146066

Thanks for the info but my serial number is different format see attached picture
Thanks for the info but my serial number is different format see attached picture any ideas?
maybe I just read the chart to quickly seems like it could be a 1970 do you agree?

Thanks for the info but my serial number is different format see attached picture

maybe I just read the chart to quickly seems like it could be a 1970 do you agree?
Correction 1978?

Kraig - ok, well..... That seat on the 122 (with 6 panels) is original to the Quiet Line series and was used on some of the later units as well. It was available into the 90's as a new replacement seat, and now is really hard to find, if at all in NOS condition. The one on Thomas' 122 in the pic does look to be in pretty good condition but as far as not having any tears/rips in the vinyl, but...... it does look like the vinyl may be coming a little loose from the in-side corner on the right side. Also, the vinyl itself has the appearance that it may be getting a little brittle and prone to cracking - but I can't tell for certain just seeing it in the pic. Otherwise, it's a good candidate for a swap to a model it was designed for - but on the other hand, then the 122 would be without a seat and the original fiberglass style with white vinyl and blue piping in really good condition is even harder to find than the 6 panel black vinyl on it now. What's a person to do????

Back