• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1959 Wheel Horse.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
I had to do my homework on this when I got 2 weeks ago. Found out that it is a 1959 RJ-59
I got it running no issues with the motor, but the 10 year old gas made a mess of the tank, been soaking for a week now.
Looks like it had a redo at one time, the air cleaner has been converted to the newer style as it is suppose to have a oil bath style on it.

Pics for your pleasure...
DSC03388.JPG

DSC03391.JPG

DSC03392.JPG

DSC03390.JPG

DSC03389.JPG

Hey Lew - when I first started reading your post and it said you got it running, I thought, how the heck did you do that since there is no engine AND THEN I realized YES there is one. Now, I don't know if Scott is correct calling it a "Ball Burner" but when I look at that gear shift, and the seat, and the bars where you must set your feet, it sure looks like a "Ball Breaker" to me.
Having said that, it's still a nice find.:cubwinker:

I remember when I was WAY too young to know better I really wanted a Wheel Horse, mostly because it was RED like Dad's FARMALL tractors. It took a couple more years till Dad bought me the '63 Original, but at least I still have the '65 #70 he traded the O for. I checked Wikipedia to see how many tractors Wheel Horse produced, they must not have kept track.
You don't find many Wheel Horse pulling tractors, but you see lots of Cub Cadets, and I checked, NO company called Midwest Super Wheel Horse anywhere in the world. Yep, I'm keeping my Cub Cadets.

Back