• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1953/54 Farmall Cub?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titan

IHCC Supporter
Found this the other day. Not running but used to. I think its a farmall cub, 1953/54 vintage... Anyone know anything re this beast?
662069188.jpg
662069168(1).jpg
662069223.jpg

From a picture view it appears to be a Cub. The ignition coil is not OEM and early ones were positive ground, I don't know when they switched to neg. ground. The S/N shows it to be a 1958 model going on my data book, with a C60 engine and just under 9 drawbar horsepower.

I think they were great tractors. When I was much younger in the 60s my neighbor had one for many many years and it was a white one which puts it at the early 50s model. Our other neighbor used it too and together they also leased a 5 acre parcel. Between their leased acreage and their own that tractor worked over 8 acres plowing, discing, harrowing, and cultivating year after year with no break downs I knew of . I just saw it working every year until 1971 when the Navy came calling.

Check in with Red Power. Those guys can have the real details and parts sources.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like a bad machine if you can get it running. Mid mount mower deck, and I see its got the hydraulic lift too. Missing exhaust pipe, just like my Farmall H was. Looks like the wiring is anything but stock so that may present some issues. Lastly I agree with Greg on the year 1958. I have a '50 Cub and I like it, they are neat little machines.

I have one also, well one running one not yet running. 48, 49. They are fun little tractors. My 16 year old granddaughter loves it, rides it all the time

Latest posts

Back