• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

1953/54 Farmall Cub?

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

titan

Found this the other day. Not running but used to. I think its a farmall cub, 1953/54 vintage... Anyone know anything re this beast?
662069188.jpg
662069168(1).jpg
662069223.jpg

Greg Riutzel

From a picture view it appears to be a Cub. The ignition coil is not OEM and early ones were positive ground, I don't know when they switched to neg. ground. The S/N shows it to be a 1958 model going on my data book, with a C60 engine and just under 9 drawbar horsepower.

I think they were great tractors. When I was much younger in the 60s my neighbor had one for many many years and it was a white one which puts it at the early 50s model. Our other neighbor used it too and together they also leased a 5 acre parcel. Between their leased acreage and their own that tractor worked over 8 acres plowing, discing, harrowing, and cultivating year after year with no break downs I knew of . I just saw it working every year until 1971 when the Navy came calling.

Check in with Red Power. Those guys can have the real details and parts sources.

Last edited:

JPrattico

displayname
Cubcadet_107
Doesn't look like a bad machine if you can get it running. Mid mount mower deck, and I see its got the hydraulic lift too. Missing exhaust pipe, just like my Farmall H was. Looks like the wiring is anything but stock so that may present some issues. Lastly I agree with Greg on the year 1958. I have a '50 Cub and I like it, they are neat little machines.

dray

displayname
Donny Ray
I have one also, well one running one not yet running. 48, 49. They are fun little tractors. My 16 year old granddaughter loves it, rides it all the time