• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1914 cub

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenErb

OK guys I’m having an issue I have to remove the rockshaft from 1914 series ih cub I remove the pins they were only two it looks like there should be a third but there’s no hole and no pin In the shaft the rock shaft broke and I need to remove it in order to weld it the person who welded it before me did a lousy job and now it’s all buggered up. Any ideas on how to get the shaft out of the housing

Attachments

Looks like a messy situation. This is what I ended up doing to mine as the float feature in the rockshaft was rusted solid. Parts lookup shows the rockshaft being 2 pieces.

20170414_184320.jpg

Just did that on my 2072 SGT......shaft was stuck solid, float rusted......its a #$%^& to cut out with Sawzall, but that's probably what it will take.

For what it's worth, it will likely be a lot easier to weld it in place....

There are only 2 pins on the SGT rockshaft. The broken part you referenced was originally a weldment.

For what it's worth, it will likely be a lot easier to weld it in place....
This might be true but over half of the rod has been sheared off the last time it broke. While it’s true I’m a weldor if I try to put weld to replenish the rod it will be very weak and probably break off again when I go to use the snow plow. Ultimately I would like to get the rod out and replace the rod or the whole assembly

For Haban snow plow use, add a crutch/ brace from outside arm to mower lift arm. It is a known weak area.

I'd still weld it, it's a bigger fight getting it apart.

I'd still weld it, it's a bigger fight getting it apart.
Do you have a picture of said crutch brace and yes that just might end up being the case I’ll end up welding the rod back up as much as possible. So I’m guessing I’m sure this is why the ride broke several times prior to me receiving it

Crutch.

BTW, mine broke just like yours several years ago and I rewelded it and added the crutch.....fixed (see my link to repairs above).

Then it wore out the shaft due to the stress concentrating design of the push lift.

Attachments

• 20210528_085936.jpg
    20210528_085936.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 143
Back