• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1882 FUEL PUMPS

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats everyone using I need one ?
Don't even mess with putting a mechanical pump back in. Switch it out to electric and forget it. Quick easy install I've switched all mine out to electric.
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_6101077

1585972883314.png

Doesn't say what psi it can make, but I doubt it'll cause problems if the float / needle and seat are in good shape. Otherwise you'll see a lot of black smoke from the exhaust. If you're concerned of running to high a pressure you could always add a psi regulator, but I doubt it's needed.

Doesn't say what psi it can make, but I doubt it'll cause problems if the float / needle and seat are in good shape. Otherwise you'll see a lot of black smoke from the exhaust. If you're concerned of running to high a pressure you could always add a psi regulator, but I doubt it's needed.
1586005657413.png

That pump is WAY too big. You need the Facet 40177 or equivalent, which is 1-2 psi and 7 GPH. That is very close to the output of the original mechanical pump.

That pump is WAY too big. You need the Facet 40177 or equivalent, which is 1-2 psi and 7 GPH. That is very close to the output of the original mechanical pump.
I've been running THAT pump for over 11 years on no less than 4 tractors with no issue! BUT! It's your tractor, do what ya want, I know I will cause it works!

I've been running THAT pump for over 11 years on no less than 4 tractors with no issue! BUT! It's your tractor, do what ya want, I know I will cause it works!

I'm going off of the info that's been on David Kirk's website for the last decade or so.

I don't know about the rest of you all but her is my experiences so far...lol...A few years ago I called my cub dealer and was quoted almost 500 $ for a new pump...ouch...so I ordered one online for cheap...has a hard time getting it to prime , finally got it going and it was ok for about 5 mowes. then quit...cheap enuff so bought another 1 and that never worked...found a cheap electric pump online and it worked a few months...so that's my cheapo fixes... off to the store to buy a good one..thanks all...I think I like the gravity feed like my old 129 better .seems like most everything equipement wise is better the older it is...

How many have you changed out and used and for how long!

Had an 1811 with one years ago. We put one on my Dad's zero turn. Both were the 40177 and worked great.

Typically, when replacing parts, I try to use something reasonably close to the original specifications. Things usually work better that way. Your mileage may vary...

For what it is worth you could try the pump that is on the diesel models . Mine failed (1984 782D ) so I replaced it wits a similar model . Do hot remember the specs or cost .

Just pulled the carb off to clean ( again } looks fine... was just curious if the intake gaskets at the cylinder go bad ? I have fuel to the carb but it just starts so hard ?

Back