• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1882 don't cut all of it ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is leaving uncut grass where two blades meet,,, I would guess your ground speed is too fast. Maybe engine rpm to slow. Hope that helps.
Well there ya go, you described both problems that you might probably have on one and definelty on the other. (y) Might be wrong blades, and you always operate it at WOT! Wide Open Throttle.

Well there ya go, you described both problems that you might probably have on one and definelty on the other. (y) Might be wrong blades, and you always operate it at WOT! Wide Open Throttle.
Yeah, could easily be the wrong blades,,,, Mind you, I'm not admitting that I ever did that !!:sneaky:

On the other hand.... putting wrong blades on, could just be the result of owning too many tractors with different size decks !!:D

are the blades upside down?
Hahahaha, that's funny... even if seriously asked. You never know.

Reminds me of last summer. My sister bought a Farmall Cub with a belly mower. It mowed horrible. Dad tinkered with it, sharpened the blades and the following weekend he told me he fixed it. Asked him what he did, he replied "put the belt on so the blades turned in the RIGHT direction"...😅

Hahahaha, that's funny... even if seriously asked. You never know.

Reminds me of last summer. My sister bought a Farmall Cub with a belly mower. It mowed horrible. Dad tinkered with it, sharpened the blades and the following weekend he told me he fixed it. Asked him what he did, he replied "put the belt on so the blades turned in the RIGHT direction"...😅
I have seen it several times before

Never did run wide open on governor speed and never will when not needed. My 1978 1450 has never had the engine disassembled and when running slower there is fewer ignition cycles so why would it matter about less air flow? I find I needed more higher rpm to handle wet snow than ever mowing normal grass growth.

Also I have a 7 year old RZT-S 2 cylinder 25 hp. rider. Never thought I would have a 25 hp. lawn mower for a 50" deck. It mows nicely at maybe a quarter or so throttle. Running that at full throttle seems ludicrous and in my opinion only recommended by places that sell engines and engine parts !

It never ceases to amaze me the number of people that know more than the people that built any machine, that think they know more about how to run said machines than the designers/makers. Funny how those compaines ever survived not knowing how to run what they made!

As I stated, the ones that advocate running high rpms when not needed are the ones selling replacements. Doesn't the fact that I have many years of running my way with no problems mean anything?
P.S. You'd need ear protection to run that 25 hp. Kohler wide open

As I stated, the ones that advocate running high rpms when not needed are the ones selling replacements. Doesn't the fact that I have many years of running my way with no problems mean anything?
P.S. You'd need ear protection to run that 25 hp. Kohler wide open
Do what ya want, it's your machine. (y)

Just my thoughts, (an Idea, Not necessarily a good one) and not meant to be argumentative. Tractors are meant to operate at the governed (maximum ) speed, so the engine is not lugged The governed speed is not nearly the maximum speed that an air cooled engine can run....And I believe the Air cooling was considered when determining proper operating rpm, under load. That said, My car is not designed to operate at maximum rpm, but when the Extra power, and ground speed is needed, it is there. Of course, I don't mow much grass at 80 mph!:sneaky:(y) Hope you all stay safe !! Especially you Heroes out there, (and you Know who you are) (y):love:

Back