• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1872 Wheel weight

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rware

displayname
Ronald L Ware
I have 150 lb weights and was going to put 160 lb washer fluid in tires. Would this much weight be hard on tractor rear? Will use with 450 snow blower.

Fluid in the wheel is better than weights on the outside when it comes to wear and tear on the rear end.

Think about it....
The fluid weight will not affect the rear end at all as it will be in the tire and not hanging on the tractor and will be more effective when it comes to traction.

That's 310# plus your butt plus what ever the ass half of the cub weighs, should do a great job with any implement you care to hang on the front.

I have 430 lbs of weight in the box of the 149 loader Cub plus fluid in the wheels.

The only thing that I would add to David's statement is this: it's a good practice to recheck the hardware that bolts the trans/rear-end into the frame more frequently when using weights and fluid. It's much better to fix a small problem before it becomes a major headache.

Hmmmm, I think I should be granted the honorary title of official thread killer here.....

Jim D.
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Welcome to my world!

My loader runs 160# of fluid, 250# cast wheel weights, and 200# suitcase weights on the 3 pt. Just go easy on the ripping around with it...

Thanks Guys for the info on weights and fluid I appreciate it Ron

Back