• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1872 SGT NEW TO ME. JUST BOUGHT IT A MONTH AGO.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey 1811Cub - thanks for the info and pics of the Quiet Line and 82 series fender pans. Now I know they were the same.

Now I wonder when the 1872 and 2072 came along in production. Were these right after the 82 series? And what others were made during their era? I'm assuming all their fender pans changed at the same time, whether they were GTs or SGTs

You will find all that info and more in this publication.
Charlie used to have them on his site.
Over 100 pages in living color of priceless info on the history of the IH production as well as the CCC takeover
I probably could have sold a dozen at Portage last week If 'd had them.
A MUST HAVE for any real Cub enthusiast.

Attachments

• DSCN9464.JPG
    DSCN9464.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
so, I'm a little confused here? I was under the impression that 82 series was in fact the 1872 /2072 someone correct please! where do the SGT 1872/2072 fit into the "series" identifier. I do know they are related to the reds, 982, 782, 582. am I right or wrong here? put me straight!

The 1872/2072 are more or less mechanically identical to the earlier 982 with the exception of engine and power steering. They get lumped into "82 series" because they are the same body style, and the parts are interchangeable.

The IH Cub Cadet series 8, the final IH series, kind of merges/morfs into the 1st CCC series that included 482, 580, 582/S, 680/2, 982, 984, 986, & 1282. '81-'85

The 1872's and 2072's followed in CCC series #2, '85-'89

There is one more paint scheme the factory did.. and while not used directly on Cub Cadets, there have been a few done before and that is the demonstrator paint scheme of white / gold and black. Perhaps Kraig can share a picture or two.?.? I'll see if I can find a pic also.

Scroll through this to see some different schemes. Mini International Tractor spotted

Your link has the photos I would have posted. Sorry for the late response, working 10+ hour days, not much time for perusing the forum. :(

Earl
Your link has the photos I would have posted. Sorry for the late response, working 10+ hour days, not much time for perusing the forum. :(
Early in my career in Bio Med I worked a 10 hr schedule. Tens are tough! It wasn't always consecutive days but was always only 4 days a week. The worst stretch was 4 tens, a day off and 4 tens, but that was followed by 5 days off. We referred to that as Hell week because you were also on call 24/7 and the calls kept you on edge. But once a month you had a 5 day break! For a period of time the nursing staff could work 8hrs Fri/Sat/Sun and get paid for 40. Four days off a week. They did that because most nurses hated working weekends and everybody was happy with this arrangement, except for finance...

Back