• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1872 Restoration

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbhall

displayname
Todd Hall
Now that I'm on summer break, for the past few days, I have been looking for something fun to do. Yesterday, it hit me, I decided I am going to restore this 1872 this summer. I have had this tractor for about two years. I have over 50 Cub Cadets, but to this day, I still remember how I acquired this particular Cub. A person who lived down the road from me pulled up in my driveway, and asked if I wanted a Cub Cadet that he had. This has happened frequently to me, so, I said okay, and didn't think much about it at the time. I can remember how excited I was when I pulled up to his barn to find out this was a Super Cub. He said it didn't run, so, we pushed it on the trailer. When I got it home, I put the battery charger on it and jumped it, just to see what it would do. After priming the carb a little, it took right off. Right away, I could hear a squeak, which told me I needed head gaskets. Since then, I haven’t done anything with it. I am starting by fixing the leaks. After looking the tractor over, I know it needs head gaskets, a new front oil seal, and hydro input shaft seal. This is a picture of what the 1872 currently looks like. I will keep updating this as I make progress.
287306.jpg

Todd, Looks like a great project! I look forward to seeing more photos and your progress.
popcorn.gif

Todd you are not too far from me, I am over in pecatonica, if you run out of room for cubs, let me know...lol

Latest posts

Back