• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1872 question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
My son is looking at an 1872 for sale and is wondering if this would make a good loader tractor.

Would appreciate some input along these lines as I know nothing about the supers.

Thanks!

Dave,
I'll say two words:

Power Steering..........

Shift.gif

I had a 129 with Johnson loader. If I ever had another loader tractor, It would be a Super. The longer wheel base, power steering, etc. would all be selling points. If he buys it, I'd look for a KwikWay to put on it.

Traded my 129 with Kwik-way for an 1872 with Kwik-Way.......POWER STEERING, long frame, HEAVY AXLE and BEARINGS, 26" rubber for more fluid weight.....

1872 is the PERFECT loader tractor!!!!!!!!!

My son Les picked up an 1872.It sure fills up the table! I think he's got the fever!!
Here it gets all new fluids and filters.
He can hardly wait to mow with it!
I am assuming we need to find a #451 thrower for it??
304872.jpg

304873.jpg

David S.
I would snag a 450 before I even thought about a 451!
The 450 is 10 times the blower that the 451 is, and built like a tank!!!!

Back