• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1864 gets some upgrades

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbowman

displayname
Joe Bowman
Well sense I bought the tractor a few weeks ago I've done a few upgrades to it such as modified the mule drive so my plow off my 2185 attaches to it took some time to get the draw bar to the right angles to clear everything right, added two gauges to the dash oil pressure and temp for the engine compartment, new front tires 16X6.5-8 and the rear are Carlisle 23X12-12 ag cuts, put new gator back blades on the deck, and also added a steering knob to the wheel for even easier steering.
295994.jpg

295995.jpg

295996.jpg

295997.jpg

295998.jpg

295999.jpg

296000.jpg

296001.jpg

296002.jpg

Joe...nice looking tractor! Great job with the blade and guages! If you get a chance could you post a close up pic of the the blade lift link attached to the lift arm on the tractor? My 1864 has a pionter with no hole for the lift link. TIA

if you have the pointer that is plastic that is egg shaped it slides right off to expose the shaft which has two holes to alow you to bolt or weld on an arm i did a weld on style due to all the older cubs were welded that and I tried doing a bolt on and it just kept breaking apart when I tried to lift the blade.
296017.jpg

296018.jpg

296019.jpg

Thanks Joe. That just answered a lot of my curiosity. I'll have to do a little experimenting along the way and see what works the best for me. Thanks again

Looks great!

Did you end up using any parts from the extra mule drive you picked up? Or did you just fab new parts to fit your existing mule drive?

I used almost every piece of the mule drive I got from you except the pulley setup due to both of them had bad bearings and the fact my adjustment setup you didn't need tools to adjust, but I kept mine just in case I ever want to have just the mower deck on with out the new setup. Now I just need to take it all back apart and take it in to work and powder coat it.

Just a quick question: how did you plumb the oil pressure gauge? Did you use steel line or plastic that came with the gauge? I'm going to add an oil pressure gauge to my 2284 but I'm not sure if I want to use the plastic line that came with the gauge. Happen to have any pics?

As of right now its just the plastic line ran from the gauge thru the fire wall and under the air filter cap to the spot where the electric sensor use to be, I did the same exact thing on my 2185 5 years ago and its still holding up just fine.

Well have done more work on the 1864, added my temp. gauge finally, went and powder coated my rear wheel weights (70 lbs each) added a weight bar up front with 80 lbs of weight on it to hold the front end down while mowing the ditches and hills, new led front head lights that are so much better and ill upload a photo of that later when its dark out, and did a deep clean front to back and top to bottom.
298631.jpg

298632.jpg

298633.jpg

298634.jpg

298635.jpg

298636.jpg

Man! That thing's looking brand new. It cleans up really nice. "Your" rear weights sure are heavy. I used to have a set like that.

Been a bit sense I posted my updates on the tractor, but sense the last update I have added new led head lights, rebuilt the mower deck sand blasted and re powder coated all new pullies, and as of yester day my new snow plow that I started with a plow off a 2000 series cub that was 42 in wide and I made it 54 and made the new attacher. I will post pictures of the deck later today.
308635.jpg

308636.jpg

308637.jpg

308638.jpg

308639.jpg

As I said earlier I would post the pics of the mower deck after I rebuilt it so here it is
308683.jpg

308684.jpg

Joe B. Very nice deck! My spare deck for the 125 needs that same TLC.

Joe--that thing sure is looking sharp and is a very functional tractor too! Good job

Back