• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1864 front tires

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstewart

IHCC Supporter
displayname
jon stewart
My 1864 is due for front tires, I'm sure they are original, even having Cub Cadet molded into the rubber. They are kind of small, especially when I put the snowblower on it (about every 20 years) The added weight just drives the frontend down, I know it will be hard to get them big enough to make much difference. I've got a pair of 26x12x12 for the back, so going higher in front makes sense.
Should I take the opportunity to go with golf cart hubs and wheels at the same time?

I'm going to go with 20x8x8 after doing some checking, not a lot of difference, but maybe will help with rolling resistance with snowblower on...................and will help level it up with the 26's on the back. The original tires look small even for 18x8x8

:beer_chug: I broke down and bought a set of five rib 18x8.50x8 from Miller Tire at the Evansville show yesterday......................not sure they would work on my 5 3/8 front rims on the 1864, but they went on great and look even better.
Glad I didn't choke on the price now.
Makes the Cyclops like it should have been........................:D:D:D

Back