• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

Mark Pardoe

Hello, I have a model 1863 with an electric issue. When I engage the PTO the battery light comes on. New PTO clutch was installed last summer. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks, Mark

Mark Pardoe

Battery is not new but test good with load tester. When using a meter, battery is getting 12.8 volts, when I engage the pto voltage at the battery starts to drop. If I continue to mow it will drain the battery

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
Check all the connections for the battery and starter. The rectifier has a ground to frame wire, check for corrosion, check the terminals on the ignition switch, and clean them up.

Mark Pardoe

Attachments

• 135A6F75-86CA-4420-9F91-080A6A0FDB50.jpeg
    135A6F75-86CA-4420-9F91-080A6A0FDB50.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

Mark Pardoe

Hey everyone, here’s a pic of my 1863. Not pretty but works excellent, the new rectifier did the trick. Is it possible to have more power now or is it my imagination? I just mowed an area that I brush hogged a couple weeks ago with no lugging at all, I’ll take this beast over any of the new stuff out there.😁

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
If your voltage had been going lower and lower then yes, the ignition may have been providing a smaller and smaller spark at the plug. Now your voltage is back up and the ignition system can provide a greater spark making a better ignition of the fuel, making more power.

1811Cub

Your tractor uses a magneto. Once the engine is spun fast enough, the magneto will produce a timed spark in direct correlation to the magnet on the outer circumference of the flywheel. Battery voltage does not have an effect with spark output in that design. Now, with a points type ignition, your logic would apply.