• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1863 vs. 1882

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1863 Kohler command 18hp 1993-97
1882 Kohler magnum 18hp 1990-91
And 1882 had bigger tires front and back
Other than that pretty much the same

1882 is a "super garden tractor" and has a longer frame, heavier front axle, larger front and rear tires, and power steering.

The Magnum and Command are completely different engines; Former is a horizontally-opposed flathead twin, and the latter is an OHV V-twin. Both are good engines.

I'm going to go out on the limb here and say no neither one share the same deck numbers and the only size deck they have in commen is the 46 but not the same part numbers

I noticed the 1863 50 in deck has those flat metal bars that the front rides on on the sides and the 1882 has the wheels so you are probably right sir thank you

If the 50" deck on the 1863 has the anti scalp bars , then its an older 50" deck and not the 50C that an 1863 or any other Cyclops series should come with......
In my personal stable, I've taken a 50C deck(4 guage wheels) from my 1882 and installed on my 1541 which was equipped with a 46GT deck when purchased new....
The only decks than I know for sure are different mounting are the 54" that came on the 1860 to 1864 series and of course the 60" Haban.....

1882 is a "super garden tractor" and has a longer frame, heavier front axle, larger front and rear tires, and power steering.

The Magnum and Command are completely different engines; Former is a horizontally-opposed flathead twin, and the latter is an OHV V-twin. Both are good engines.

The 82 also has independent breaks which I beleive the 63 does not have.

Deck will interchange as long as the drive pulley and PTO clutch are of compatible sizes. The 1863 should have had a 6" clutch, and the 1882 a 4.5", so the center pulley sizes on the deck are different to compensate.

Back