• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1811 water in the hydro system

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quin Mehling

Late summer last year I noticed a bit of moisture in the hydro system via sight glass on the rear end cover. I think I posted a question on it on here. It was rather high humidity around that time. I mowed 2 weeks ago and I got the mower out today and was going to check fluids before mowing and I noticed the hydro fluid was really bubbly and a pale, pale pink. I started draining the system and there was quite a bit of water in fluid.

Last fluid and filter change was 3yrs ago. The 1811 is stored in a building at all times through the year, its never left outside. Anyone have an idea why there is so much water in the system? I have a minor leak at one of the axle tubes and I noticed one of the relief valves had a small trickle today. never leaked before today. Does the transmission filter need to be changed every year?

The factory literature recommends changing the hydro filter every 100 hours of operation. As for a fluid change, the factory statement is "add as needed" but then states the capacity is 14 pts, and use only Cub Cadet hydraulic transmission oil meeting IH B-6 spec. The Hytran fluid is noted for keeping moisture in suspension so it does not harm the system with rust and corrosion. The units build up condensation in them over time because they get warm, but not hot enough to burn off water.

The factory literature recommends changing the hydro filter every 100 hours of operation. As for a fluid change, the factory statement is "add as needed" but then states the capacity is 14 pts, and use only Cub Cadet hydraulic transmission oil meeting IH B-6 spec. The Hytran fluid is noted for keeping moisture in suspension so it does not harm the system with rust and corrosion. The units build up condensation in them over time because they get warm, but not hot enough to burn off water.
That's good to know, It easily gets 100hrs a season. I mow here and 3 of my neighbors places and gets hauled up to our farm every week.

I always use HY-TRAN and CC filter, I haven't heard a lot of good out of aftermarket fluids.

Just have to wait on another gasket and should be good to go.

Thanks for the info.

That's good to know, It easily gets 100hrs a season. I mow here and 3 of my neighbors places and gets hauled up to our farm every week.

I always use HY-TRAN and CC filter, I haven't heard a lot of good out of aftermarket fluids.

Just have to wait on another gasket and should be good to go.

Thanks for the info.
My 1450 had the Hy-tran/filter changed back in 2003 I think it was. Still running like a top. Course the 1066 shows the fluid was last changed in March 1994, and has since racked up around 4000 hours.

I last did a fluid and filter change on my #2 125 back when I bought it which was around 1993. I think it might be due for another change.

Back