• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1811 Steering

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleggett

displayname
Steve
I was gonna warm up the 1811 and change the oil but she had other plans...
The steering is sloppy and I was gonna rebuild it but things come up and projects get put off and so on...
I don't know when I'll get around to rebuilding it but any and all thought's are appreciated.
In the mean time the 1000 will have plow duties this winter...

318311.jpg

Steve: The last time I saw a steering box that looked like that it was on a 123 from New Hampshire and I blamed water following down the steering shaft (no center cap on the steering wheel) and freezing. It does make for sloppy steering, doesn't it.
sad.gif
happy.gif

Kids ben messing with it??
Cranking back and forth as hard as they can against the stops??
Neighborhood a lo-boy sitting beside his shop, kids did that to it.
Have you got a replacement case??

Kids are all out on their own.
I did replace the tie rod ends on the drag link a couple weeks ago and centered the steering, it turned tighter to the right than left.
I have a call out to my parts man, just waiting on a response.

Same housing as a 782? I think I have a spare one sitting around if you want.

Has anyone put a nice 605 ball-thrust bearing on a 3 turn steering column? I'm just wondering if it will help or would I be wasting money since it's a 3 turn...
This is my column with the bolt through the plate.

318894.gif

Back