• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1811 Hydro Problems...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might be onto something there. Every so often I try to push the tractor across the floor and it won't move easily, if at all, but then all of the sudden it rolls normally. Hmm....

Matt G. If possible would you be able to post a picture of the hydro that is on the tractor you are using and a picture of the parts hydro? Another request that I have... if I am not mistaken you have stated that the lift works smooth. Does the lift operate smooth when you are driving the tractor and the tractor begins to jerk while the lift is engaged, Or does the tractor operate in a jerky manner while not using the lift part?

Here is a little thing.... non-ported pumps aren't made to carry the same load capabilities as ported hydros. So one would be defeating the purpose of drilling holes into a non-ported hydr to convert it to ported.

Now that I've confused the dickens out of everybody, I'll go check out the rest of the forum.
biggrin.gif

Matt G. Just checking in to see how you are coming on your hydro problem. Also, you stated that when "pushing the tractor ...". Was the tractor running? I know this is a dumb question... however... just asking...

Have been busy the past couple of days, haven't even made it out into the garage... Anyhow, I meant with it not running, as in, to roll it out of the garage to put gas in. I'm gonna pull the release valves and see if they're stuck or not. After taking care of that I'll try it and see if the problem has been solved yet.

Matt G. Sounds good. Thank you for the update. Just want to see your little Cub up and running again.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks guys for all the help! IT'S FIXED!
happy.gif

I did Charlie's neutral adjustment, put in the charge pump relief spring, and changed the filter. One of those three was the problem, I mowed for 2.5 hours. This is the best this thing has ever worked.

Matt G. That is absolutely Fantastic!!! Hearing that your Cub is up and running has truly made my day.
beerchug.gif

I have a 782 that suffers a slow down going up hill that requires a little nudge forward on the hydro speed lever, and speeds up down hill that requires a pull back on the hydro lever. The tractor has about 1100 hrs on it. (Haven’t replaced Hytran fluid in about 3 years. Filter has been replaced yearly. I will be replacing fluid and filter this coming week.) This tractor has been bullet proof since I bought it 17 years ago, and has not been problematic in the least, the uphill downhill issue is minor.

Here is where I need some help.

I just purchased a 1000hr 2182 that suffers the same problem only worse. It has very limited reverse speed and a massive slow down up hill followed by a speed up down hill.

I just changed the fluid to CC fluid and a new Cub filter (there wasn’t a whole lot of gunk in the rear end; the hydro sounds much smoother now though, much like my 782.). I cleaned out the two relief valves a bit in the parts washer. (They had some gunk in them but they both seem to operate smoothly and correctly) Re-lubed with Hytran and reinstalled. I did not find this site till after I reinstalled them and didn’t know about the implement and charge relief valve springs, thus did not do anything with them. The problem is slightly better, but still very slow in reverse and the speed differential uphill/downhill remains pronounced. I have not replaced any of the springs, in the check valves nor cleaned them out?

Would replacing the charge and relief valve springs possibly cure my hydro problems? Or do I need to look elsewhere?

I do not have a pressure gauge to measure the pump pressure? Would one of the Harbor Freight 1000PSI diesel fuel pressure guages work?

Also, I see another post indicating this problem may be related to the trunion and trunion springs? Inspection of the trunion does not appear to show any worn dimensions visually, and I have no idea what tension is proper on the trunion springs.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Matt,

Did you check out the Hydro Trunion Repair
Info from IHCUBCADET.COM

It sound like this is your problem. I found it searching for my issues.

Chuck

Charles-

Read the dates on the posts, that was almost 2 years ago. It was a plugged filter....

I think you have some linkage adjustment issues. Have you adjusted the friction nut on the hydro lever? If it's too loose, it'll creep.

Matt,

Thanks about pointing out the date on the posts. I noticed the year after I posted.

I did adjust the friction lock on the 2182. I will be looking into the charge pump pressure and the relief valve springs next, unless someone points some other likely culprit out to me.

Chuck

Charles - I would replace the trunnion springs first, they get weak, and that can make the hydro "lazy" like you describe. Also check the dimensions of the trunnion slot against the drawing in the FAQ, it's probably worn.

Chuck - I just re-read your original post, and you say that the trunnion looks good. If that's the case, check the pin and groove in the cam plate, they get worn too. After 1000 hours things are going to be worn.

Hi guys, This is my first post/question! I have 2 1811's, one here and one at the river. My question to you guys is when I change transmission oil/filter it takes forever to get the oil down the dip stick tube. Is there a plug or bolt I can remove to let the air out as I put in the new oil, or am I doing this all wrong???
I do not have a service manual, I should probably buy one. Thanks guys, I appreciate any help with this matter. Tom Walney}}

Tom W.
Get yourself a short piece if fish tank 1/8" ID air line. Insert it down the fill tube about a foot to 16" or so.
That will let air escape while your filling it up.
It wasn't one of of Cubs brighter ideas, LOL

you could also remove the tunnel cover and loosen one of the 2 hydro valves

On my 1882 I filled the transmission to the full mark and then removed the tube,measured the depth
of the fuild and then put a plug in the hole.I use a funnel w/a long reach and put it in the hole that they had the tube sticking thru

Back