• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1811 Drive line carnage

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klindstedt

displayname
Kevin Lindstedt
Well... I've learned the hard way what happens when you ignore a strange vibration in the tractor for all summer. Finally tore into it last night and was dismayed to see that the rearend is loose in the frame which allowed the hydro input shaft to move up and down, facilitating the "wallowing" out of the hole in the shaft.

300199.jpg

300200.jpg

It appears that several of the bolt holes in the rear end are stripped out as I could not get the bolts to tighten up. What are my options here? First off, can the input shaft be saved, or replaced? And if I do, is there enough 'meat' in the casting to drill out the mounting holes and tap for a larger bolt? Or am I better off replacing the whole shebang with a used unit?

Thanks.

Replace the pump with a ported one ,it will be a lot easier than trying to take the pump apart and weld and machine the input shaft

Pump need not be ported, as you can swap the input shaft from a non-ported to ported with a few gaskets. Std pumps should be a dime a dozen......

Kevin if you cant find a replacement trans ,as a machinist i would brake down the shaft and weld it up and junk the coulping get a new one ,as for the stripped bolts ,i would go in with a bottom tap ,and use lock tight on the new studs ,yes studs not bolts ,done this and it worked well .and i have broken down the trans ,not to big a deal if you take your time ,and lay the parts out ,check the fits on the bearings to be good and replace the seals for sure and bearings .hope this helps

Back