• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1811 Cub Cadet hydraulic control valve

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcook

displayname
William Cook
I am replacing the original Koehler engine with a Briggs Vanguard 23 horse since I cannot buy a new or rebuilt one. I am told a new Koeh
er list price is over $2400 if could find one. A company in Muncie, Indiana makes the Briggs kit to drop in. My question, though centers around the single spool hydraulic valve on this tractor. I have always wanted to install a second cylinder on this 1811 tractor for other implements. Did any of the older Cubs use a dual spool valve that might work on this tractor? Has anyone made this modification?

1812 would have everything you need, as would any 82 series or later with metal hoods and dual hyd. All bolt on parts.
Cyclops models used a different (cheaper) valve assembly., so tractors of that vintage and newer won't work. 1450/1650 valve is the same, but all linkages and hoses would be custom.

I have converted a 782 (single valve) into a 784 (dual valve). 782 is basically the same machine as the 1811. I was able to find the 2 spool valve and needed linkage/arms used from a place in PA. Was a pretty easy swap.

The metal hydraulic lines from the pump to the valve are slightly different between the two. Was able to make the 782 lines work with a little careful bending and adding a fitting (screw right on) to valve end. Can’t remember if it was a 45 degree or 90 degree fitting. I can get pictures if you need.

I have another machine (1711) which I plan on swapping but was hoping to use a valve I currently have from a John Deere. That will take some fabrication of the linkage/arms.

Depending on your interest you could mount a valve externally (side of console) on the tractor. The valve is a open center and you could custom plumb the valve to meet your needs.

The two spool valve set up was on

Good luck!

Back