• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1810 manual lift

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jknight

displayname
joe knight
Trying to find what wide frame rear lift will fit my 1810. Will a lift from a 1450 or 1000 fit?
Or are the operating bars different.
Joe
241352.jpg

Joe- I think you need a bar from the x82 like a 782 or a 682.

I picked up a one owner 1810 recently. The hour meter shows just over 1k hours on the Mag18 engine. I had an old spring assist kit laying around from the wideframe series and decided to install it. It fits, except that the spring hits the MTD aluminum hydro casting. I was going to relocate the bracket slightly upwards and forward a bit by drilling some new holes in the frame rail. Anybody else ever have this issue?

I picked up a one owner 1810 recently. The hour meter shows just over 1k hours on the Mag18 engine. I had an old spring assist kit laying around from the wideframe series and decided to install it. It fits, except that the spring hits the MTD aluminum hydro casting. I was going to relocate the bracket slightly upwards and forward a bit by drilling some new holes in the frame rail. Anybody else ever have this issue?

Aluminum rear ends were to have the Cat-O 3 point hitch Aftermarket hitches lower brinly style are now made by one of the sponsers

Michael, I understand what you are saying about the 3pt versus a std sleeve hitch assembly. However I'm planning on installing neither, just wanted to attach a spring assist to the manual lift tractor so lifting the mower deck for my daughter becomes easier. I will need to take pictures to show more clearly where the interference is and how I plan on relocating the std. wideframe spring assist assembly.

Today I relocated the wide frame spring assist I had put onto my spread frame 1810. I forgot to snap a good pic of the spring before I relocated it showing how it hit the transmission. You can see from the side view where the two original holes were located and how I moved the bracket up and forward a bit to allow it work properly.
299042.jpg

Here is the sideview picture
299043.jpg

Now it works as it should without rubbing on the aluminum hydro tranny.

Ok, lets try that again. Darn confuser made my pictures rotated incorrectly causing you forum readers to have to tip your monitor on is left side to view correctly
299047.jpg

299048.jpg

I also installed these very nice Heim Joints that some feller at Cub Cadet Specialties sold me. What is interesting, is that every time I have ordered I always find some kind off extra parts in my box. Me thinks Charlie is trying to get rid of excess Gas Can spout parts one order at a time................
err.gif

Here is the shot of the Heim joint installed on the 1810, along with a few side photo's. Getting it all ready for the snow blade, installed the turfs with 2 link chains and wheel weights of some unknown variety that are very heavy!
299088.jpg

299089.jpg

299090.jpg

Thanks Steve, it has been a low budget work in progress utilizing a tractor I bought cheaply, and parts that I mostly had. Tractor borrowed the front tires/rims from the 1806 I had that I'm not going to do anything with, spring assist from my old 582 that I no longer own, etc........ Here I thought these MAG twins were supposed to be smooth, but I found every engine bolt loose along with the bolts that mount the plate to the frame! One question that I know you may have the answer to.....what is the best way (cheap and easy) for replacing the oil lines that appear to leak at the fittings on these MAG18 engines? Buy the parts at the dealership if they are still available, or have a shop make up a hydraulic lines that attach, or other?

Back