• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1711 fuel in crankcase

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Carlson

Hi all

my 1711 with kt17 series 2 was hard starting the other day then got a lot of fuel in the crankcase and up through the breather from the crankcase up into the carb.

would this be a bad fuel pump diagram?

Thanks in advance, Rick Carlson

could be sneaking in the back-side of the fuel pump or overflowing from the carb into the cylinder from a stuck float.

Are one or both of the plugs soaked? Then, float most likely.

I haven't checked the plugs, I'm thinking about just spending the money and rebuild the carb and replace the pump. That way all would be good to go.
Since it would all be apart to replace the pump, I might as well rebuild the carb. Thanks guys, you folks have great info on these machines.

Rick

A shutoff in the fuel line would be the cheapest and most necessary fix. But you have to use them to be effective.

Bad float or just a hardened rubber tip on the needle valve.
I had this issue. As the others mentioned, just put a shutoff valve someplace handy and get in the habit of, open the tank vent/open the Shutoff... Close the tank vent/close the Shutoff

If one puts that shut off on all their tractor not hard to remember. I have trouble remembering how many pump on the primer bulb on trimmers, mowers, etc. One takes 10, another takes 5, one take 6, etc.
Felt marker on the cover near the bulb to remind me.

She does have a fuel shut off valve, but it's under the side panel. I'll have to change the oil since it has gas in it. So then I can try running it and shut off the valve. That would prevent fuel from getting into the crankcase. Then I can diagnose where the fuel leak is coming from.

Rick

She does have a fuel shut off valve, but it's under the side panel. I'll have to change the oil since it has gas in it. So then I can try running it and shut off the valve. That would prevent fuel from getting into the crankcase. Then I can diagnose where the fuel leak is coming from.

Rick
Yeah, fuel shutoff under the side shield was a brilliant idea...🤨

Up date.

I rebuilt the carb, including a new float. Drain oil/gas out of crank case and filled with new oil. Test ran and adjusted idle air/fuel needle and high speed needle. She runs even better than before, idles very sooth and revs up well and smooth. So far no more fuel in the engine. The old needle valve had a small grove wore in the rubber near the tip, so this could have been the issue.

On top of all doing the carb rebuild it now idles and runs way better at full throttle. Before it would miss at idle and full throttle, that's all gone now and runs
Much smoother.

Rick

Back