• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

169 brush painted

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Wattley

How horrible would it be to brush paint the yellow on the frame and maybe the rear fenders. I plan on working this 169 but would like to keep it value a little.

Maybe I should stop posting here. I don't think people who just enjoy building something old and learning from others is what this forum is about. I can't afford to make this a show tractor,

Heck, Steve, I once brush painted a car! Didn't care what anyone else thought. Same circumstances, I'd do it again. I've also rattle can painted a Cub, and some may look down their noses at rattle can jobs, but it has zero impact on my life. It's your tractor - you do you.

Maybe I should stop posting here. I don't think people who just enjoy building something old and learning from others is what this forum is about. I can't afford to make this a show tractor,
How freakin dare you!!!!!!

This forum has been around since 1998 and has done more for the hobby than any other forum or group on the planet!

If your butt hurt because someone doesn't like the idea of using a paint brush on a tractor that's been around for 40 to 50 years, It might be a good idea for ya to head over to FB and play with the guys that could care less what a great machine they have, much less what it looks like!

20 or 30 bucks worth of rattle can paint will make anything look better than a paint brush.

I'll quit typing before I tell you what I really think! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You won't regret taking care of your tractor. Paint your tractor the best you can with what you have to work with. Not everybody restores them. We are building a work tractor from extra parts laying around. I doubt we paint it at all. As for hurting it's value, I doubt it. No matter what it will only be worth what someone is willing to pay. As far as production numbers there are not a bunch of 169s but they range in price depending on where you are and who you are. I have seen nice running 169s in the 300.00 to 400.00 that sell quickly and I have seen field queens advertised for 2000.00 Don't stop being an active member. There is still plenty of knowledge to be shared.

If you are not willing to spray the paint, you can thin the paint down and use a foam roller and roll it on. Once dry, you can color sand, and buff to a good shine.

Its your tractor.. If you want to paint it with a brush go for it.. But it will look like a tractor painted with a brush.. Spray bombs do a much better job and the price won't be much more..

You're way off base. Heck, some of us don't even care if it's painted! I've said this many times, you do not have to please anyone here except... YOU! It's your tractor, do as you see fit. As long as you don't go hanging bells / whistles / flashing doo dads.. LOL.. Just do as you like with your machine. And don't go run away, you've found the best place to help you care for your machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back