• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1684 any good ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could not find a 1684 being made so I asked him to double check = now he says 1641 and they didn't come with a deck bigger than 48 " from factory....

I could not find a 1684 being made so I asked him to double check = now he says 1641 and they didn't come with a deck bigger than 48 " from factory....
If it is a 1641, standard decks were up to 48", but you could add up to a 54" with an adapter package. BUT! Since the 1641 is has a Briggs 16 horse, and is pretty much gutless, you'd be hard pressed to use a 54 on it unless you mowed your grass when it's 1/2" taller than what you want it to be, LOL

If it is a 1641, standard decks were up to 48", but you could add up to a 54" with an adapter package. BUT! Since the 1641 is has a Briggs 16 horse, and is pretty much gutless, you'd be hard pressed to use a 54 on it unless you mowed your grass when it's 1/2" taller than what you want it to be, LOL

Digger, I thought those B&S Vanguard V-Twin engines were tough and had plenty of power. I have the 1641 and was thinking of a bigger deck some day. What gives?

thanks, Kelly in Piedmont SC

I have the 1862 with the Kohler mag 16 & 54" deck. No shortage of power if you mow grass and not weeds, mow your lawn and not a hay field, and travel at a reasonable speed and let the flyers to the JD commercials.

I have the 1862 with the Kohler mag 16 & 54" deck. No shortage of power if you mow grass and not weeds, mow your lawn and not a hay field, and travel at a reasonable speed and let the flyers to the JD commercials.

M18 has a flatter torque curve and two more horsepower. Not really an apples-to-apples comparison.

Latest posts

Back