• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1650 Rear Oil Seal Replacement

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcahoy

displayname
Randy Cahoy
Guys,
I have a 1650 K341 that seems to have a rear oil seal that is leaking. (Around by the electric PTO). Question is: Is this something hard to do? Is this something reserved only for someone that does it all the time or is it fairly simple? I tried researching to find if someone had already wrote about this, but can't seem to find the right thread.
beerchug.gif

It really isn't a hard repair, although I've never had to do it with an assembled engine. The PTO has to be removed so the bare crankshaft is all exposed. Clean the exposed crankshaft up good, no dirt or rust, even in the keyway.

The way to remove the seal I've heard is to punch or drill a couple small holes into the metal shell of the seal, thread sheet metal screws into it and pull the seal with Vice-Grips, smear a thin layer of grease over the larger diameter area of the crankshaft and slide the new seal into place and gently tap into place with a soft wood punch, something 3/4" x 3/4" x long enough to clear the end of the crankshaft should work.

Dennis - Didn't a couple of guys have to do that last year maybe in the spring ? I remember it was before I took my summer fishin break.

Randy - The 1650 should be on the main forum page not in the sandbox section. You'll get more eyes on your question in the right place.

Back