• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1650 opinions and advice

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PACub100

IHCC Supporter
Good morning all. I'm planning on going to get a 1650 tomorrow or Sunday. It comes with a 38" deck (was hoping it was the 44" but alas, it is not). He may have the side shields for it (I didn't ask yet). As you can see by the picture it looks pretty good.
He says it needs a tune-up. Claims it can be hard to start but once it's running it runs good and strong. Obviously I'll have to check it out before I buy but I'm preparing to rebuild the carb and stuff. Afterwards, only ethanol free gas. He also said it needs new rubber motor mounts. Other than that, nothing much.
Price - $450.
I thought it was a pretty good price. Would be interested in opinions and advice from you all that know much more about these than I do.

Screenshot_2020-03-07-10-44-29-633_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Screenshot_2020-03-07-10-44-56-342_com.facebook.katana.jpg

I picked up a 1450 with 44 deck and tiller last fall for $300. Ran when parked 5 years ago! LOL! I just missed a free yes free quietline with deck and tiller tha looked better then mine. LOL!

Free would be excellent, but $300 was a good deal, too!
Yes sir! I am happy so far engine and tranny check out OK! I have a local tractor club and one member posted the freebie. By the time I made contact it was gone. The club member said he didn't want another project. I told him next time pick it up and I will give you $100 for your time. LOL! There was also a sad shaped Allis Chalmers B-1 for free nearby. Spring is the time people clean up.

Wish I could find a snow blade for my 1450 here in Indpls
I have a wide frame snow blade NW of Crawfordsville, IN. Good condition, will send pictures if you are interested. New blade edge included, $125.00 Pick up

Last edited:
Back