• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1650 Hood Tee Bolts

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmcfall

displayname
Gary McFall
Greetings from Wisconsin! The hood for my 1650 is laying on the garage floor because the Tee Bolts were missing when I bought the tractor. I've found them on several parts sites, but the price is as much as $20+ per bolt. There's got to be a more reasonable option. Would someone please reply with the specs for these bolts (see attachment) to help with my research? I'll share options/prices when my research is complete. Thank you!

Attachments

• Tee Bolt.JPG
    Tee Bolt.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 173
Not sure what the actual size of those are. Have you tried McMaster-Carr? Click the link below and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page:

McMaster-Carr

Gary - No guarantees, because my digital caliper is an el-cheapo, but this should be close:

A - .25"
B - .25"
C - .69"
L - 1.7"
T - .95"

Not sure what the actual size of those are. Have you tried McMaster-Carr? Click the link below and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page:

McMaster-Carr
Thank you. They offer

McMaster-Carr
They offer these bolts w/ 3/8 or 1/2 diameter. Based on glippert's response, I need 1/4 diameter. Thanks for replying, though!

Make them, easy enough if you have a welder
Cut the head from a 1/4" bolt and weld the shank, cut to the proper length to the top.
Choose a bolt (2) with a long shank to have enough to make both the pieces from X 2
Clean up the welds with a file or dremmel tool.
Or use ready bolt in a cinch.
By the looks of the originals, I believe they were forged

Last edited:
By the way, these are available at CC Specialties for $10 each. Still not cheap, but depending on how valuable your time is...
View attachment 136645
Thank you! I need to learn how to bette
Make them, easy enough if you have a welder
Cut the head from a 1/4" bolt and weld the shank of another headless bolt to the top
Clean up the welds with a file or dremmel tool.
Or use ready bolt in a cinch.
Thanks for the feedback. Good suggestion, but this retiree doesn't have a welder (yet!). What do you mean by a ready bolt?

Back