• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
To start the 1641, you have to have the foot pedal depressed, the pto off and be sitting on the seat. are you doing it that way if yes I would check to see if the seat safety switches are working then check to see if the fuel solenoid wire was disconnected somehow...

gary noblit

IHCC Supporter
John, I assume the elec sensor you mean is the carb solenoid that controls gas flow when key is on or off.... if the light is on with the switch off you most certainly have a shorted wire somewhere...If that light is for real the starter should not engage..if I remember well this started with coil wires being burned,...my opinion ..you haven't yet found the cause of coil wire burning

john raasch

John, I assume the elec sensor you mean is the carb solenoid that controls gas flow when key is on or off.... if the light is on with the switch off you most certainly have a shorted wire somewhere...If that light is for real the starter should not engage..if I remember well this started with coil wires being burned,...my opinion ..you haven't yet found the cause of coil wire burning
cause was wire touched the cylinder head so i think